Wednesday, October 6, 2010

EOC Week one: Excellent Customer service

By far the best experiment that I have ever had had been at Nordstrom.  I was living in San Diego at the time and I really wanted to purchases a really nice wallet.  I walk into the men’s department at Nordstrom and told the lady what I wanted.  She took me over to where all the wallets were, and I made my decision on a Burberry wallet for $315.  I was on the beach one day in La Jolla and my wallet was in my pocket when I jumped into the ocean.  It got absolutely ruined.  I walked into Nordstrom that next Monday and walked into the men’s department went over where the wallets were with no receipt and told them that I have had this wallet for one month.  I jumped into the ocean and look what it did.  I wanted to know if there was any kind of refurbish fee or anything that I could do about this.  He looked at me and said no worries at all.  He went in the back and said here you go and gave me a brand new wallet.  I have never had such good customer service in my life.  “The payoff for great customer service might be a year or two down the line. And the payoff for having a great company culture might be three or four years down the line.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition, 3) Like it says in the quote above it’s all about customer service.  I have been shopping at Nordstrom for years.  Nordstrom is the only department store that I go to because of this experience.  I share this experience with everyone that I see.  I have never heard of such a thing, but when it happened to me I was not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment